Breakfast is so critical to your day! Most Americans skip breakfast during the week… why? Because they do not have the time in the morning, they skip and just wait for lunch. By doing this, you are putting yourself in a deeper unhealthy situation – eating a heavier lunch or snacking on unhealthy things in effort of trying to fight the urge.
My clients and people constantly ask me what can they have for breakfast?
My first suggestion: OATMEAL!
Oatmeal has many great benefits.
Why is oatmeal so good?
- Assist in weight loss: Oatmeal is full of FIBER, and when we have fiber, we feel fuller longer. This will help you cut down on your snacks in between breakfast and lunch.
- Lowers Cholesterol: When people think of healthy living, they think it means doing right to avoid diabetes and high blood pressure, but some people need to lower their cholesterol, especially bad cholesterol. The Mayo Clinic recommends anyone in need of lowering their cholesterol, to eat oatmeal.
- Whole Grain: Oatmeal is a whole grain, and this can help in lowering your risk of high blood pressure and Type 2 Diabetes. Making your own oatmeal is the best option because most packaged oatmeal is full of sugar and sodium – two negatives.
- Nutrients can lower risk of cancer: The nutrients and fiber found in oatmeal can lower one’s risk of certain cancers.
- Fast and Easy to Make: Can be made quick and easily in the microwave or using a small pan. This will help people who need to eat breakfast, but cannot think of anything.
Do not force your body to wait until lunchtime to eat. Feeling dizzy or withdrawn is not healthy, and making sure you have the proper nutrients to get you through the day is most important. So, try oatmeal, and tell me what you think after a week.